axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From Edgar Zavala <jezav...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Opensource Installer for for Axis C++
Date Tue, 03 Aug 2004 23:21:52 GMT
Hi All,

    Today i begin the creation of an Installer for Windows version of
axis-c++ (if any interested) based on current 1.2 binary found in the
axis site on apache.org domain:

Done:
    1.- Ask for a directory and check if there is apache installed
    2.- Ask for a directory and check if there is any Expat or Xerces
library (user selected option)
    3.- Select the Axis installation directory
    4.- Put the directory tree as described in INSTALL instructions
    5.- Added license agreement (LICENSE file from downloaded binary zip)

Testing:

    4.- Change environment variables according to user selection and
installed directories.

Pending:

    5.- Make changes to httpd.conf
    6.- Restart apache if installed as service.

   I used an opensource install program called "inno setup", i will
put the Script source as GPL so anybody can use the install script to
make an updated version once it is finished for Axis-C 1.2 version.

    Regards,
    Edgar Zavala.
--
J. Edgar Zavala S. ak'a Kerberos