axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From damitha kumarage <dami...@opensource.lk>
Subject RE: Generated source in CVS
Date Fri, 03 Sep 2004 04:46:25 GMT

On Fri, 2004-09-03 at 10:09, Samisa Abeysinghe wrote:
> Sounds like we are in sync on this.
>
> I think we have bulk of the required functionality with the auto build and test suite
scripts we
> have got. (BTW: do we have Windows versions of these now?)
>
> Damitha! Are we going to remove the generated code for the existing samples/tests from
cvs?

I think samples sould be static and in the build time samples should be
built. But the tests should not be static and code should be generated
when running the test suite.
For a average user who intend to down load and see the samples running
./configure ...
make
make install
deploy the service samples and run the client samples

For a developer who needs to see whether everything is ok before he
commits his changes.
cd $AXISCPP_HOME/tests/auto_build

sh autoBuildCVS.sh
This should
1. merge his changes
2. source build
3. generage tests
4. deploy service tests
5. run client tests

Therefore my suggestion is that we need to have all the tests in the
auto_build/testcases folder. If we need any static tests then we can put
them
in $AXISCPP_HOME/tests folder as well. But in this case code should not
be generated for testing. All the required files should be in place.
In this sense uddi_inquire test should not be placed in
$AXISCPP_HOME/tests. It should be in
$AXISCPP_HOME/tests/auto_build/testcases

thanks
damitha