axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From Samisa Abeysinghe <samisa_abeysin...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Memory leaks in client samples
Date Mon, 06 Sep 2004 10:36:54 GMT
Hi All,
    I managed to fix the base sample (samples/client/interoptests/base) for memory leaks.
Now I
get 0 definite memory leaks.
    But there are few problems.

 1. With valgrind tool I get too many 'possibly lost' and 'still reachable' leaks
 2. I get many 'Mismatched free() / delete / delete []'. This, I believe is due to the fact
that I
try to use delete, but the serializer has used malloc to allocate memory. As a C++ progremer
I do
not want to use free in my client code. However I have to if I want to make sure 100% memory
clean
up. This is s *serious* problem we have to address in the C++ engine.
    Moving forward we have to agree to a policy where we make the engine pure C++ and provide
wrapper functions for C code to free memory. I would like the engine to use new/delete so
that I
could leverage constructors/destructors.
 3. I have only updated the base sample so far. We need to do the same for other samples.

Thanks,
Samisa...