axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From John Hawkins <HAWKI...@uk.ibm.com>
Subject RE: Generated source in CVS
Date Fri, 03 Sep 2004 09:25:44 GMT

This is not correct for the way that we will be running here. We have many
machines one is a build machine and one is the teest machine. The build
machine does what it says and builds ONLY (with the verification that the
cuild is OK as whether the tests built (not ran) or not). The output is
then put onto the test machine which then runs the tests. We do not bother
to run the tests if the build verification tests (BVT) fail.

I don't believe it is correct to say that BVT is the same cycle as
regression test - they are distinct processes.

John Hawkins

             damitha kumarage
             <damitha@opensour
             ce.lk>                                                     To
                                       Apache AXIS C Developers List
                                                                        cc

              "Apache AXIS C           RE: Generated source in CVS
             Developers List"

Forgive me been so late on commenting on this. But, is not it better if
we coordinate these two, I mean build verification and regression test
into a single test process. This shoud
1 CVS checkout
2 Source build
3 code generation for both client adn service
4 deploy services
5 run clients

thanks
damitha
On Tue, 2004-08-31 at 15:43, John Hawkins wrote:

> Agreed - we should not mix up build and testing.
> If we use the building of the clients using the WSDL2WS from that build
> then this is a very useful build verification test e.g.
>
> 1. CVS checkout
> 2. Source build
> 3. Code generation for both client and service (at this point we need the
> WSDL, preferrably stored
> localy)   this is a Build verification test (BVT)
>
> If build verification works then test against services.......
> 4. Deploy services
> 5. Run clients
> This is the Regression test
>
> John Hawkins