axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From John Hawkins <HAWKI...@uk.ibm.com>
Subject Test structure
Date Thu, 02 Sep 2004 15:09:51 GMT

Hi Folks,

we still have not worked out the tests and where the services are going to
be placed. I waant both Java and C services because lots of people are
using Java server-side.

Samisa's position is that we write C clients for the Axis-Java tests.
(Samisa, correct me if I'm wrong here :-)

However, this would mean that if we would be creating a "Axis" test suite
and therefore if we wanted to add any more tests into the suite (more than
likely) then we would have to start adding them to the Axis-Java suite and
thus have to write Java clients for them. This is not something that I'm
willing to do today for sure.

My position is that we should just stick with what we've got and write both
Java and C services for them. Whether we supply a way to package the
services up is still up for debate (not in the first instance is my
opinion). However, the key point is that we need to put the services into
CVS so that others can run the suite.

Any one else got any opinions? Otherwise I'm going to create a Java and C
service structure asap.

thanks,
John.

John Hawkins