axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From John Hawkins <HAWKI...@uk.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Test structure
Date Fri, 03 Sep 2004 09:33:55 GMT

             Samisa Abeysinghe
             <samisa_abeysingh
                                       Apache AXIS C Developers List
                                                                        cc

              "Apache AXIS C           Re: Test structure
             Developers List"

A question:
> My position is that we should just stick with what we've got and write
both
> Java and C services for them.

Would these Java services run with only Axis Java or support multiple Java
engines?
>> The Java services we have here run against WAS5.02 and WAS 5.1 - the
issue here is that WAS versions change the stuff they put into the EAR
files so I think we can build a "generic" EAR file with the services in
them and each application server can add any other information it needs.
Andrew Perry has lots of experience in this area so what do you think
Andrew?

A suggestion:
> Any one else got any opinions? Otherwise I'm going to create a Java and C
> service structure asap.

We currently have C++ services in samples/server/ and tests/server/
folders.
May be you add C++ services to those and create 'java' sub folders in those
for Java.

>> Sounds fine to me but aren't these actually Server-side tests?

Guys who have more experiance with server side please comment.

Thanks,
Samisa...