axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From Samisa Abeysinghe <samisa_abeysin...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Code freeze for Axis C++ 1.3 final release.
Date Thu, 07 Oct 2004 04:21:48 GMT
Hi Damitha,
    I was under the impression that work was already done to make them (new transport and
Xerces
parser) defaults, because there were few discussion threads on this.

    How much more time needed to incoporate this? (I guess it is all but change the default
config
file and update docs - mostly it is changing axis to axis2 and expat to xerces)
    What about making Xerces the default? (because expat seem to have problems with larger
messages - see Jira  AXISCPP-178)
    Do we need to test a whole lot with these changes?

    I would prefer to get these changes done with 1.3, even if it delays, because it is a
major
release that users would look up to. (and knowing some stff are buggy, and knowing the solutions
as well, we must dilver the fixed stuff to users)

    Only concern is that, if 1.3 delays, that would delay the refactoring work planned for
clean up memory leaks etc., because as long as code is frozen for 1.3, we cannot go ahead
with
changes on cvs head.

     Any solutions?

Thanks,