axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From Samisa Abeysinghe <samisa_abeysin...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Why are we releasing?
Date Thu, 07 Oct 2004 10:36:17 GMT
Absolutely +1.

It is because of the grave concerns that I had making the release with old transport  that
I was
pushing for new transport.

However, it is not only about transport. It is only yesterday that I discovered that '>'
still
appears in generated code.
There seems to be many more bugs with WSDL2WS tool.

Also I believe that we got to improve the docs, at least existing stuff, including website
before
1.3. As I am attending few bugs at the moment, it is really difficult for me to attend the
docs
right now and hece need more time to attend them.

Some of the current major bugs need time to attend. (e.g. I spent almost a day on Xerces buffer
stuff)

> If we release another drop with these large bugs in it then we simply put
> off people from using the code and they won't trust us.

This is the key issue. I still see people using 1.2 final and reporting bugs on that, even
though
we are deep into 1.3.
When we say 1.3 fianl, people have high hopes on that, so we better not disappoint users.

Samisa...