axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From John Hawkins <HAWKI...@uk.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Why are we releasing?
Date Thu, 07 Oct 2004 15:09:35 GMT

AXISCPP-103
AXISCPP-96
AXISCPP-95
AXISCPP-94
AXISCPP-64
AXISCPP-57
AXISCPP-65

I would agree with most of them but not 65. This may well be fixed already
with some of Fred's recent changes and it's not a sev one - just very
annoying !

OK, if that's decided then I suggest that we make sure that if you are
working on a JIRA problem then you allocate the problem to yourself in JIRA
PRIOR to actually finding a fix i.e. make sure everyone knows not to waste
their time trying to fix it because you are already working on it.

I'm offline for a few days (sorry - bad timing!)

John Hawkins

             Samisa Abeysinghe
             <samisa_abeysingh
                                       Apache AXIS C Developers List
                                                                        cc

              "Apache AXIS C           Re: Why are we releasing?
             Developers List"

> Any others that we need to prioritise for 1.3?

The following are worth looking at and fixing:

AXISCPP-103
AXISCPP-96
AXISCPP-95
AXISCPP-94
AXISCPP-64
AXISCPP-57
AXISCPP-65

I could look at transport and non-Windows stuff in the given order.

I need help looking at Windows specific stuff. (because I have a Linux
desktop)

Samisa...

--- John Hawkins <HAWKINSJ@uk.ibm.com> wrote:

> OK, well, if there are no dissenters then I think we can say that 1.3 is
> using the new transport.
> In which case you have no need to tackle the two major defects you were
> looking at - 171 & 89 - in the 1.3 drop ?
>
> In which case we are just waiting for Mark to look into 192 and 193 ?
>
> Any others that we need to prioritise for 1.3?
>
> John Hawkins
>

>              Samisa Abeysinghe

>              <samisa_abeysingh

>              e@yahoo.com>
>                                        Apache AXIS C Developers List

>              07/10/2004 12:54          <axis-c-dev@ws.apache.org>

cc

>              Please respond to
Subject
>               "Apache AXIS C           Re: Why are we releasing?

>              Developers List"

> Yes it is a good idea to switch to new transport.
>
> I think Damitha has already put it in the build for Linux.
>
> Samisa...
>
> --- John Hawkins <HAWKINSJ@uk.ibm.com> wrote:
>

> > And I assume that as we are effectively regressing that we are going to
> use
> > the new transport?
> >
> > John Hawkins
> >

> >              Samisa Abeysinghe
>
> >              <samisa_abeysingh
>
> >              e@yahoo.com>
> >                                        Apache AXIS C Developers List
>
> >              07/10/2004 12:17          <axis-c-dev@ws.apache.org>
>

> cc
> >

> >              Please respond to
> Subject
> >               "Apache AXIS C           Re: Why are we releasing?
>
> >              Developers List"

> > > Mark Whitlock is going to look into AxisCPP 192 and then 193 (Adrian
> > Smiths
> > > problems). These issues would appear to be quite generic and
> fundamental.
> >
> > Great.
> >
> > > Samisa - would you like to prioritise?
> >
> > Sure I would love to.
> > AXISCPP-171 - Axis bench and Xerces buffers (already looked into some
> > detail. still looking into
> > buffer zise implications)
> > AXISCPP-89  - Messages larger than 2048 fails (need to test on Windows)
> >
> > AXISCPP-184 - < and > in strings (Not sure if high priority)
> >
> > And some doc stuff.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Samisa...
> >

> > --- John Hawkins <HAWKINSJ@uk.ibm.com> wrote:
> >

> > > OK, so this sounds positive,
> > >
> > > Providing there are no dissenters - Let's work out what issues we are
> > going
> > > to tackle.
> > >
> > > Mark Whitlock is going to look into AxisCPP 192 and then 193 (Adrian
> > Smiths
> > > problems). These issues would appear to be quite generic and
> fundamental.
> >
> > Great.
> >

> > > Then we have to list what other ones we are going to fix before we
> start
> > > talking about a release.
> > >
> > > Samisa - would you like to prioritise?
> > >

> > > John Hawkins
> > >

> > >              "sanjaya
> >
> > >              singharage"
> >
> > >              <sanjayas@opensou
> > >              rce.lk>                   "Apache AXIS C Developers
List"

> > >                                        <axis-c-dev@ws.apache.org>
> >
> > >              07/10/2004 11:40
> > cc
> > >

> > Subject
> > >              Please respond to         Re: Why are we releasing?
> >
> > >               "Apache AXIS C
> >
> > >              Developers List"

> > > sounds logical to me.
> > >
> > > sanjaya.