axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Perry2 <PERR...@uk.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Test Suite
Date Wed, 06 Oct 2004 08:03:29 GMT

The 2 most widely used styles are rpc-encoded and document-literal. WS-I
compliance says that "RPC-encoded was deprecated [from the WS-I basic
profile] (indicating a shift to the use of schema as the interoperable type
system)" and I don't think that document-encoded is widely used. The WS-I
indicates that there is a shift towards using document-literal and
rpc-literal styles for interoperability.

I didn't add 'Lit' or 'Literal' to the name because for document style
wsdls the main emphasis is for literal use. If document-encoded wsdls/tests
are to be added then DocEnc could be used. I was also trying to keep the
names short enough to be readable/usable, but detailed enough to be
obvious.

If the names are an issue then they can easily be changed.

Regards

Andrew Perry
Clients for Web Service Stack
perryan@uk.ibm.com
Mail Point 127
IBM UK Laboratories. Hursley Park, Winchester, Hants. SO21 2JN
Tel. Internal 249828  External + 44 (0)1962 819828
Fax. + 44(0)1962 818080

             "sanjaya
             singharage"
             <sanjayas@opensou                                          To
             rce.lk>                   "Apache AXIS C Developers List"
                                       <axis-c-dev@ws.apache.org>
             06/10/2004 06:36                                           cc

                                                                   Subject
             Please respond to         Re: Test Suite
              "Apache AXIS C
             Developers List"

Why not CalculatorDocLit.wsdl?

sanjaya.