axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From John Hawkins <HAWKI...@uk.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Code freeze for Axis C++ 1.3 final release.
Date Wed, 13 Oct 2004 15:41:37 GMT

I look here ->
http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&pid=10461&priorityIds=2&resolutionIds=-1

And see that there are still three issues marked as "Critical". It looks to
me as if 136 is critical - any one else got an opinion - has it been fixed
and I missed it?

The other two -
89 - currently being dealt with
75 - has this been fixed - do we have a test to ensure the code has not
been regressed?

Until we're sure that these have been fixed I'm not happy to say that we
are done for 1.3?

John Hawkins

             damitha kumarage
             <damitha@opensour
             ce.lk>                                                     To
                                       Apache AXIS C Developers List
                                                                        cc

              "Apache AXIS C           Re: Code freeze for Axis C++ 1.3
             Developers List"          final release.

Hi all,
Now since majority of the bugs at jira are resolved and we need to start
working on 1.4 version for new changes how about making the code freeze
on Friday 15th Oct 2004. We may have the final release on Tuesday 19th
Oct 2004.

thanks
damitha
On Thu, 2004-10-07 at 14:38, Samisa Abeysinghe wrote:
> OK. Looks like majority are on the other side.
> Lets go ahead and do the release with other transport.
>
> (I was pushing for axis2 transport because, for me, many problems went
away - even paser related
> stuff such as the issue on AxisBench with Xerces)
>
> Samisa...
>
> --- John Hawkins <HAWKINSJ@uk.ibm.com> wrote:
>

> > I think the key question is test -
> >
> > How long would it take to redo the tests on whatever platforms were
tested
> > in the past wks ? My assumption is it would take that length of time
again?
> > Which would be unnaceptable I think.
> >
> > Our only way of testing the system is by running the fv suite on all
> > platforms. If we can do that then I'm happy to believe that the
transport
> > is as good as the other one.
> >
> > We have got a windows and linux build with aut tests running.
> >
> > NOTE: we use xml4c as the parser not pure xerces.
> >
> > Andrew P - have we tested the new transport on those platforms. if so,
what
> > was the outcome?
> >

> > John Hawkins
> >

> >              Samisa Abeysinghe