axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From Samisa Abeysinghe <samisa_abeysin...@yahoo.com>
Subject Handling sessions with cookies
Date Mon, 01 Nov 2004 10:35:39 GMT
Hi All,
   I am in the process of implementing support for sessions with Cookies.

The syntax for Set-Cookie header is:
Set-Cookie: NAME=VALUE; expires=DATE;path=PATH; domain=DOMAIN_NAME; secure

However, looking at how Axis Java has implemented it they just assume that there will only
be
NAME=VALUE and igniore the rest. If we also agree that this a reasonable assumption, I could
implement cookie support very easily.

However, in case it is possible for web services to use 'path' in the Set-Cookie syntax, the
client side cookie handling logic becomes a bit complex (see
http://wp.netscape.com/newsref/std/cookie_spec.html). Should I KISS and do it like Aaxis Java
or
do I need to look further into an alorithm for dealing with 'path' in Set-Cookie.

Thoughts please...

Thanks,
Samisa...