axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From John Hawkins <HAWKI...@uk.ibm.com>
Subject Transport specific class
Date Tue, 04 Jan 2005 18:40:42 GMT

Hi Folks,

I've just been putting some error information into transport and realised a
few things. (I'm going to start another thread re other issue.)

I just implemented a "getErrorMessage" piece of code which should have gone
into the platform specifics but it was quite chunky and did not sit easily
with being a macro.

The Platform specific files are not classes - this surprised me - would it
be better to have a platform interface that the specific classes overrode
with their implementation? I understand that the macros are probably fine
for most things but if we had a platform class it would be more explicit
what each method had to achieve. These methods could also return values
more explicitly?

John Hawkins