axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From Fred Preston <PREST...@uk.ibm.com>
Subject Label names in AXISCPP.CONF
Date Thu, 06 Jan 2005 10:47:51 GMT

Hi All,
      Looking into the future, are we happy with the naming conventions we
currently have to identify the components within axiscpp.conf?  I was
thinking specifically about what happens if we develop another transport?
The name for the http transport is 'Transport_http' (which is probably
fine), but the name for an http implemented ssl channel is 'Channel_ssl'
and I want to define a non-secure http channel dll, i.e. 'Channel'.  Now we
may want to reuse these names for different transports, therefore what I'm
suggesting is that we make a more transport specific distinction for the
channel implementations.  Thus:-

'Channel_ssl'     becomes 'Channel_http_ssl' and
'Channel'   becomes 'Channel_http'.

Any thoughts?

Regards,

Fred Preston.