axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From John Hawkins <HAWKI...@uk.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Axis c++ 1.5 release plan (draft 4)
Date Mon, 31 Jan 2005 13:31:02 GMT
hi,
sorry for the confusion :-)

I suggest we ask Carsten to run the regression tests to ensure that his
code gen changes have not broken stuff on  at least one platform of his
choice. He can then decide, based on this test results, which he can
discuss here if necessary,  whether he wants to commit his changes or not.
If he runs the suite and gets some errors then I suggest we're happy if he
breaks that suite entirely then we're not?

Running the suite should take him three hours from scratch, if he hasn't
done it before so we should know soon whether the gen changes are viable.

If he is not able to test them (not having the services would be the
obvious issue) then perhaps one of us can run them for him (Carsten - have
you  got a branch we can extract?).

If Carsten is not around or able to commit changes then I suggest we go
alpha without the gen changes and do the same as above in alpha timeframe.

John Hawkins

"sanjaya singharage" <sanjayas@opensource.lk>
31/01/2005 13:09
Please respond to
"Apache AXIS C Developers List"

"Apache AXIS C Developers List" <axis-c-dev@ws.apache.org>
cc

Subject
Re: Axis c++ 1.5 release plan (draft 4)

(If the situation is not clear, Carseten has already put his changes to
the serializer. He has also finished the changes to the code generator but
is not able to test them as yet, therefore he has avoided committing those
changes.)

What exactly do you mean? That we go ahead with the codefreeze with the
serilizer changes intact and let Carsten commit the code generation stuff
before the final?
If so we can codefreeze early tuesday morning and start on the release
procedure.

sanjaya.