axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From John Hawkins <HAWKI...@uk.ibm.com>
Subject getLastErrorMessage
Date Tue, 04 Jan 2005 18:38:09 GMT

Hi Folks,

windows has a function called getlastError(). This returns back an error
number. this number can then be used automagically by Windows to get the
last error message i.e. it helped me find out what was going wrong with the
transport layer today. This is a known C thing isn't it ? i.e. unix has
some kind of get last errorno (does it have last error message too?).

I've just used this method  and whilst using it I thought - "why don't we
use this in other places too?".  It would be good if (in platform specific
class - see other note) we could have a method called get:LastError - which
could provide useful input into the Exceptions?

Do we already have this function and I just don't know about it?

Thoughts?

John Hawkins