axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From Nadir Amra <a...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Transport specific class
Date Tue, 04 Jan 2005 18:44:55 GMT
I agree, and was thinking of doing that....although do we want a
PlatformServices class or just individual APIs?

Nadir K. Amra
e-Business Technologies - IBM eServer i5/OS
IBM Rochester, MN,  (Tel. 507-253-0645, t/l 553-0645)
Internet: amra@us.ibm.com

John Hawkins <HAWKINSJ@uk.ibm.com>
01/04/2005 12:40 PM
Please respond to
"Apache AXIS C Developers List"

axis-c-dev@ws.apache.org
cc

Subject
Transport specific class

Hi Folks,

I've just been putting some error information into transport and realised
few things. (I'm going to start another thread re other issue.)

I just implemented a "getErrorMessage" piece of code which should have
gone
into the platform specifics but it was quite chunky and did not sit easily
with being a macro.

The Platform specific files are not classes - this surprised me - would it
be better to have a platform interface that the specific classes overrode
with their implementation? I understand that the macros are probably fine
for most things but if we had a platform class it would be more explicit
what each method had to achieve. These methods could also return values
more explicitly?

John Hawkins