axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From Roshan Weerasuriya <ros...@opensource.lk>
Subject Re: Fix to AXISCPP-290 "nillable simple types" - tests may need modification
Date Wed, 23 Feb 2005 10:00:17 GMT
hi Adrian,

Thanks a lot for your explanation.

>To reduce the cost of this change to our customers, I modified the
>WSDL2Ws
> tool such that the generated stubs would hide these changes, except where
> nillable simple types were present -
What you mean here is that: if a element is nillable in the WSDL only
then the WSDL2Ws tool will generate a pointer as the return type and
store the return value in a pointer? And if the element is not nillable
then the WSDL2WS tool generate the return type as a value type and store
it in a non-pointer type varialble? Adrian is my understanding correct
or am I wrong?

>where, of course, we need to expose
> these changes out to the customers applications.
You mean ...? the generated stubs etc ? is it ?

>Similarly, the original generated stubs only took in XSD simple types
> by-value, so I modified this to allow the use of pointers when handling
> nillable simple types.
Is this also in-line with my first explanation for return types...?

Roshan