axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From John Hawkins <HAWKI...@uk.ibm.com>
Subject Re: 1.5 alpha status
Date Mon, 07 Feb 2005 17:12:35 GMT
Hi Sanjaya,

specific responses below:

However, generally. I really think we need to take the pain and get ANT
working between us. Results below are really hard to comment on because I
don't know whether you are using the same code as I do here.

cheers for now,
John.

"sanjaya singharage" <sanjayas@opensource.lk> wrote on 07/02/2005
14:53:24:

> Hi all,
>
> We have been working on the release and have some issues. This time
around
> we wanted to use the ant test framework to ease the job of releasing,
but
> may be due to the first attempt we have encountered problems with some
of
> the tests. Therefore we have gone through the previous testing procedure
as
> well.

This is very very dissappointing. May I suggest we try to get over the
test issues so that we are all on the ANT framework?

> On linux however, we have not been able to use the ant test frame work
and
> have had to use the previous scripts to do the testing. Below is listed
> summary of the test results.
>
> Please go through them and comment for the alpha release. In my opinion
as
> the C tests are failing to compile for us and will need these problems
fixed
> before we can release an alpha.

I don't think we can wait for C to be up to the level that you are
discussing. Speaking with Mark - he tells me that it could take weeks to
get C support to the level whereby most of the tests work. We did say that
C support was in at a rudimentary level in this release and that we would
continue to work on it in the future. May I propose we document this and
leave C as it stands?

> These tests were done with the "release1-5-alpha-cand1"  tag.
> Axis 3 transport was used in testing.
>
> 1. We assumed that the C cilents under
> ws-axis\c\tests\auto_build\testcases\client\c were meant to test the
partial
> C support for 1.5. But we were unable to compile any of the C tests
because
> of complaints of missing .h files (e.g. axis/SoapEnvVersions.h,
> axis/server/AxisUserAPI.h. and in some cases complains about generated
.h
> files too)

Assumption was wrong I'm afraid :-( These will not work.

> 2. Windows Testing
>
> 2.1 The ant test framework
> (It was noted that many clients do not parse the arguments passed to
them
> and hence produced transport errors.

We've checked all of the tests in the ANT framework and they are all using
their arguments. Perhaps these are old tests that have not been updated?

> The failure for some of the tests could be that we are testing against
axis
> c++ while these tests were written for websphere/axis java)

If this is the case it would be very dissapointing. We are supposed to be
aiming for WS-I basic profile 1.0 compliance and WAS claims to be
compliant. James or Manohar has been running WS-i tools - perhaps they can
give us their latest results?

Re below:
I can't comment on these results but I can tell you that we have all
client C++ doc/literal tests running through ANT on AIX, Windows (2K, XP
and 2003) and Linux redhat adv svr 3.0 running against WAS with all
passing except for:

AxisBench on Linux only is failing due to memory destruction issues. Mark
is fixing this.
IHeaderBlock4 was failing and Adrian has just put a fix in.
TestSetEndPoint was failing and was fixed this afternoon.