axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From "Jeff Clary" <jcl...@euronetworldwide.com>
Subject RE: SimpleAxisServer will not start
Date Tue, 03 May 2005 18:33:16 GMT
John,

My problem was simple fat fingering.  I omitted a subdirectory in some
paths specified in axiscpp.conf.  SimpleAxisServer just failed to start
with what I took to be the C runtime's exception message, "This
application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information."

Just a simple "Could not find W:\SimpleAxisServer\lib\AxisXMLParser.dll"
message on exit would have focused my attention on my mistake.

Thanks,
Jeff

-----Original Message-----
From: John Hawkins [mailto:HAWKINSJ@uk.ibm.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 03, 2005 3:54 AM
To: Apache AXIS C Developers List
Subject: RE: SimpleAxisServer will not start

Hi Jeff,

Is there a JIRA we need here to stop this error from happening again?
What was the problem with the files - were they not there? Is it
something we can code for or at least put out a warning message? I
thought we already did this stuff but obviously not enough !

Jeff Clary <jclary@euronetworldwide.com>

29/04/2005 16:00

Please respond to
"Apache AXIS C Developers List"

"'Apache AXIS C Developers List'" <axis-c-dev@ws.apache.org>

cc

Subject
RE: SimpleAxisServer will not start

Samisa,

After trying your document step by step and getting SimpleAxisServer to
at least start (haven't tried the clients yet), I went back and compared
that success carefully with my earlier attempt.  It turns out I
originally had bad paths in my axiscpp.conf for XMLParser,
Transport_http, Channel_HTTP, and Channel_HTTP_SSL.  Thanks for the
help.

Jeff