axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From "Lilantha Darshana" <Lilantha.Darsh...@Siebel.com>
Subject RE: Apache 2.0 vs Apache 1.3
Date Thu, 05 May 2005 19:06:33 GMT

My -1 for dropping 1.3 support.

I strongly believe, there are so many instances out there who still
depends on 1.3 server
and in need for web services to support their legacy services.

thanks
-Lilantha

-----Original Message-----
From: Samisa Abeysinghe [mailto:sabeysinghe@virtusa.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 05, 2005 11:31 AM
To: Apache AXIS C Developers List
Subject: Apache 2.0 vs Apache 1.3

Hi all,

I have noticed widespread use of Apache 2.0 and the number of queries we
are getting on Apache 1.3 is near 0.
Given this, would it be a bad idea to support only Apache 2 on server
side?
This will simplify the docs as well.

Thoughts please.

Thanks,
Samisa...

Siebel
IT'S ALL ABOUT THE CUSTOMER
Visit www.siebel.com

This e-mail message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and contains confidential
and/or privileged information belonging to Siebel Systems, Inc. or its customers or partners.
Any unauthorized review, use, copying, disclosure or distribution of this message is strictly
prohibited. If you are not an intended recipient of this message, please contact the sender
by reply e-mail and destroy all soft and hard copies of the message and any attachments. Thank
you for your cooperation.