axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From John Hawkins <HAWKI...@uk.ibm.com>
Subject New client configuration API
Date Fri, 06 May 2005 13:39:31 GMT
Hi Folks,

we'd like to implement a new API for configuration of the client-side.

I've written a vrief synopsis of what is there to day and what we'd like
to do..........

The environment variable is AXISCPP_DEPLOY. This variable is used by the
configuration system to look up a file called axiscpp.conf. This file
consists of the following:

#ClientLogPath:                 The path to the axis client log
#ClientWSDDFilePath:    The path to the client wsdd
#XMLParser:             The xml parser library
#Transport_http:                The HTTP transport library
#Channel_HTTP:          The HTTP transport channel library
#Channel_HTTP_SSL:      The HTTP transport secure channel library

This data can be placed in a new configuration Object with the following
signature (Pseudo)

AxisCPP_Configuration
{
        get/set ClientLog(String);
        get/set ClientWSDDFile(String);
get/set XMLParserLibrary(String);
get/set TransportLibrary(String);
get/set HTTPChannelLibrary(String);
get/set HTTPSSLChannelLibrary(String);
}

A new Web Service constructor will be created that takes in an
AxisCPP_Configuration object. This constructor will be in addition to the
current range of constructors that are created for each service.

The user may create a web service using the constructor. However, if they
attempt to use the constructor with a configuration object more than once
in any given process the configuration object will be ignored i.e. the
engine can only be configured once per process.

Client WSDD files will still be required and no new API will be introduced
for them.

thoughts please?

thanks,
john.