axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From "Samisa Abeysinghe" <SAbeysin...@virtusa.com>
Subject RE: Moving Guththila to Axis C++ src tree
Date Mon, 27 Jun 2005 12:58:40 GMT
" where we tried to reuse code from expat"

Does this mean that we have a dependency on Expat in Guththila? Please
clarify.
(FYI: One of the reasons that we decided to go ahead with Xerces and
drop Expat was that Xerces was Apache license)

By the way I assume that "Guththila" is the name for pull parser
implementation. :-)

Thanks,
Samisa...

-----Original Message-----
From: Dasarath Weeratunge [mailto:dasarath@gmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, June 26, 2005 10:34 PM
To: axis-c-dev@ws.apache.org
Subject: Moving Guththila to Axis C++ src tree

Hi,

How about moving Guththila code into the Axis C++ src tree?

Dinesh is trying to implement XMLParser interface in XMLParser.h for
Guththila. At the moment the code that we have in the src tree
**/xml/tspp/ and **/xml/txpp/ are both old versions of Guththila
written by Susantha, Damitha and my self.

Dinesh's code cannot be integrated with either one of these since its a
different fork of tspp altogether.

What I propose therefore is that we take off this code and substitute
Dinesh's code in their place. We can create a new subdirectory
`guththila'
at the same level as `xerces' and `expat' under **/xml/ and delete
old subdirectories `tspp' and `txpp'.

Dinesh's code builds on tspp code and implements a full StAX parser
with the exception of DTD's and a few other constructs rarely used in
Soap processing. It also supports character encoding schemes and comes
with a set of test cases. The encoding related code in the new code base
has
been completely rewritten unlike earlier (see **/xml/txpp/) where we
tried
to reuse code from expat. We also improved the tokenizing code and API
to be in
line with StAX.

IMHO cleaning up the src tree would make life easier for us who are
working on Guththila since then we can directly commit our code to the
CVS.

Regards,
--dasarath