axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From "Lilantha Darshana" <Lilantha.Darsh...@Siebel.com>
Subject RE: Moving Guththila to Axis C++ src tree
Date Mon, 27 Jun 2005 19:04:20 GMT
On 06/27/2005, Dasarath Weeratunge [mailto:dasarath@gmail.com] wrote:

>> Would it be possible to do some XML 1.0 compliancy & performance
check
>> before we decide? If you would able to make it against
xerces/sax/expat
>> and JSR 173 -
>> http://jcp.org/aboutJava/communityprocess/final/jsr173/index.html
>> It would be great.
>
>I'm not sure why this is necessary at this point since this is
>basically to get the src tree in sync with the latest code-- of course
>the more test we do the better it is but I'm not very keen on
>performance tests even before we get the parser going. The tests that
>we have prepared are to test the functionality and not intended to
>compare performance. Further though I have revised the basic state
>machine several times the encoding part is still very fresh and there
>is a lot that can be improved. I'm confident that given time Guththila
>pick up.

My assumption was impl. of Guththila has at least 70-80% completed.
With this assumption, if ppl want to use the XML pull API, and address
real world problem with doc/lit encoding in their service handlers they
require
compliance XML parser. o/w we need to suggest them to use some other XML
parser in their service/client handlers and use this one only
internally.

Anyway, if you think - although it's not compliance at this moment.
Since it is the next version of txpp/tspp, we may proceed and get rid of

obsolete code and improve this one instead.

+1 from me.

Cheers,
-Lilantha

> Where can we see the currently impl code?
>
> Thanks
> -Lilantha

and contains confidential and/or privileged information belonging to
Siebel Systems, Inc. or its customers or partners. Any unauthorized
review, use, copying, disclosure or distribution of this message is
strictly prohibited. If you are not an intended recipient of this
message, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all soft
and hard copies of the message and any attachments. Thank you for your
cooperation.