axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From Samisa Abeysinghe <samisa.abeysin...@gmail.com>
Subject SOAP 1.1 hardcoded in code generator
Date Mon, 20 Jun 2005 09:58:06 GMT
Hi All,
    I made a bit disturbing discovery in the code generator while
looking into http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXISCPP-363. We have
the provision to select between SOAP 1.1 and SOAP 1.2 in
IHeaderBlock::createStdAttribute().

As an example, one can use:
IHeaderBlock *phb=ws.createSOAPHeaderBlock("TestHeader","http://axis.com");
IAttribute *attr=phb->createStdAttribute(ROLE_NEXT,SOAP_VER_1_2);

However, searching for setSOAPVersion in WSDL tool, I get see that
SOAP_VER_1_1 is always hardcoded into the generated codde. The version
setting is called in each and every method invocation on the stub, so
even if we set it at stub level, it is overidden by the generated
code. Actually, at the moment we do not have an API to select between
soap versions at stub level.

So simply speaking, we only support SOAP 1.1 :-(

Here is the WSDL tool segments where we set SOAP versions:
src/wsdl/org/apache/axis/wsdl/wsdl2ws/c/ClientStubWriter.java:
   "\tpCall->_functions->setSOAPVersion(pCall->_object,
SOAP_VER_1_1);\n");
src/wsdl/org/apache/axis/wsdl/wsdl2ws/cpp/literal/ClientStubWriter.java:
       writer.write ("\tm_pCall->setSOAPVersion(SOAP_VER_1_1);\n");
src/wsdl/org/apache/axis/wsdl/wsdl2ws/cpp/ClientStubWriter.java:
 writer.write("\t\tm_pCall->setSOAPVersion(SOAP_VER_1_1);\n");

Thoughts on this please...

Thanks,
Samisa...