axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From Dinesh Premalal <xydin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2]Guthtila XMLStreamWriter
Date Sat, 01 Oct 2005 04:02:18 GMT
Hi,
On 10/1/05, Samisa Abeysinghe <samisa.abeysinghe@gmail.com> wrote:

> Sanjiva Weerawarana wrote:
>
> >On Fri, 2005-09-30 at 08:24 +0600, Samisa Abeysinghe wrote:
> >

> >>What I would do for the time being is to use APR because I need to jump
> >>into serializing ASAP. We could revisit the implementation later and
> >>replace APR containers with whatever desired containers.
> >>

> >+1 .. let's stand on the shoulders of giants :).
> >

> I noticed that the pull parser code in Guththila uses strndup.

I happened to use strndup in Guththila code because strndup or strdup is
unable to use with UTF-16 characters. When implementing UTF-16 encoding
support I defined

#define strndup(x, y) strdupUnicode(x, y) /* this defined in unicode.h file
*/

strdupUnicode is a function that is used for duplicating UTF-16 strings.
Honestly I didn't know that strndup is GNU only function. Now I noticed it
in man page..:)

thanks,
Dinesh

This is a