axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From Dinesh Premalal <xydin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2]Guthtila XMLStreamWriter
Date Sat, 01 Oct 2005 04:18:57 GMT
Hi,
On 10/1/05, Samisa Abeysinghe <samisa.abeysinghe@gmail.com> wrote:

> Sanjiva Weerawarana wrote:
>
> >On Fri, 2005-09-30 at 08:24 +0600, Samisa Abeysinghe wrote:
> >

> >>What I would do for the time being is to use APR because I need to jump
> >>into serializing ASAP. We could revisit the implementation later and
> >>replace APR containers with whatever desired containers.
> >>

> >+1 .. let's stand on the shoulders of giants :).
> >

> I noticed that the pull parser code in Guththila uses strndup. This is a
> GNU only method, and not present in Win API.
> Hence I used the strdup of APR in the stream writer.

Since you are unable move forward because of unavailability of xmlstream
writer in Guththila implementation it is ok to use APR for implementing
xmlstreamwriter. Then you could carry development of om But I think its good
to keep Guththila as independent implementation.

Therefore I started working on xmlstreamwriter independently but It will
take some time. I think Ill be able to implement xmlstreamwriter with
available resources in Guththila.

Any comments please.....

thanks,
Dinesh