axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanj...@opensource.lk>
Subject Re: {AXIS2]How do I install IDEA under the open source licence?
Date Mon, 14 Nov 2005 00:42:58 GMT
On Mon, 2005-11-14 at 08:46 +1100, Harsha Perera wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am hoping to contribute towards this project. I would like to install
> intellij's IDEA in order to get an understanding of the Java
> implementation of Axis2.

Hi Harsha! Nice to have you back ..

> I have been in communication with Damitha Kumarage.
>
> Could some one please indicate what I need to do to install IDEA under
> the Open Source licence?

I'm afraid AFAICR the Intellij deal is for committers only right now. I
suggest starting with Eclipse and as you start contrib'ing we'll bring
you in as a committer ASAP and then you can get the Intellij Idea
license if you want. (I personally use Eclipse and am happy with it ..
Idea does seem to have some cool features that Eclipse has but there are
advantages both ways it seems!)

Sanjiva.