axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Fremantle <pzf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Axis2 versus C++
Date Mon, 07 Nov 2005 17:25:43 GMT
Nadir

The version 2 idea was kicked off about a year ago. When we started Axis
Java v2 we decided to do both Java and C/C++. The push is the complete
change in the WS landscape that has happened since Axis 1 was written
(Async, WS-Addressing, WS-RM, move to document style services) plus a push
to support lazy parsing and more flexible models of XML handling.

v2 is a rewrite, in C instead of C++, and so far its too early to compare
them - v1 is a full SOAP implementation and v2 is still early days.

Paul