axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From Gonçalo Jesus <gje...@student.dei.uc.pt>
Subject Exception in Java Client for an Axis C++ Server
Date Tue, 06 Dec 2005 08:03:45 GMT
Hi,

(I don't like to say this but it really is an URGENT matter)

I'm trying to integrate a server written in C++, through Web Services
(AxisC++/Apache1.3 for Windows 2003 Server), with a java application.
I've already developed both of them, and i actually already deployed the
Web Service in Apache (copied the .dll, etc).

This was the wsdl from which I generated the stubs/skeletons:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<wsdl:definitions targetNamespace="http://DefaultNamespace"
xmlns:apachesoap="http://xml.apache.org/xml-soap"
xmlns:impl="http://DefaultNamespace"
xmlns:intf="http://DefaultNamespace"

<!--WSDL created by Apache Axis version: 1.2
Built on May 03, 2005 (02:20:24 EDT)-->
   <wsdl:message name="doOperationRequest">
      <wsdl:part name="in0" type="soapenc:string"/>
   </wsdl:message>
   <wsdl:message name="doOperationResponse">
      <wsdl:part name="doOperationReturn" type="xsd:int"/>
   </wsdl:message>
   <wsdl:portType name="DaMiniBankServerSOAP">
      <wsdl:operation name="doOperation" parameterOrder="in0">
         <wsdl:input message="impl:doOperationRequest"
name="doOperationRequest"/>
         <wsdl:output message="impl:doOperationResponse"
name="doOperationResponse"/>
      </wsdl:operation>
   </wsdl:portType>
   <wsdl:binding name="DaMiniBankServerSOAPSoapBinding"
type="impl:DaMiniBankServerSOAP">
      <wsdlsoap:binding style="rpc"
      <wsdl:operation name="doOperation">
         <wsdlsoap:operation soapAction=""/>
         <wsdl:input name="doOperationRequest">
            <wsdlsoap:body
namespace="http://DefaultNamespace" use="encoded"/>
         </wsdl:input>
         <wsdl:output name="doOperationResponse">
            <wsdlsoap:body
namespace="http://DefaultNamespace" use="encoded"/>
         </wsdl:output>
      </wsdl:operation>
   </wsdl:binding>
   <wsdl:service name="DaMiniBankServerSOAPService">
      <wsdl:port binding="impl:DaMiniBankServerSOAPSoapBinding"
name="DaMiniBankServerSOAP">
         <wsdlsoap:address
location="http://192.168.200.209/axis/DaMiniBankServerSOAP"/>
      </wsdl:port>
   </wsdl:service>
</wsdl:definitions>

----------

It seemed that I've done everything alright, at least i followed the
developer guides! BUT when i try to run the client application this returns
an exception:

                java.lang.ClassCastException

 From the server side all maintains like nothing happened...i've put
lots of prints for debugging but none of them appears on the server side! The strange is that
the Apache log is changed, the requests are written in Access Log
and Apache "says" the return code is 200!

Anyone can help me!!! I don't know if it is a client side problem or a
server side...How can i fix this?

Thanks for the help,
Gonçalo