axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From Cooper_Jo...@emc.com
Subject RE: Is There Roadmap for Axis/C++?
Date Mon, 05 Dec 2005 15:48:57 GMT
So you are saying that WS-* WILL NOT BE supported by Axis C++ according to
the current roadmap? This is unfortunate if true as there are many
advantageous standard/protocols wrapper up with these. I will admit I am
bias as WS-CallBack would be extremely useful in my particular situation. In
my opinion the inclusion of the WS-* protocols are vital if the Axis C++ or
for that matter Axis in general is to be seriously considered for certain
enterprise class Web enabled n-tier applications. WS has to potential to be
a very power platform and language independent tool to afford ubiquitous
access to data and services across any type of network.

But that's just my opinion ;-)

Thanks,

John

4400 Computer Drive
2nd floor, Mailstop D239
Ext:   35983

-----Original Message-----
From: Samisa Abeysinghe [mailto:samisa.abeysinghe@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, December 05, 2005 2:50 AM
To: Apache AXIS C Developers List
Subject: Re: Is There Roadmap for Axis/C++?

On 12/5/05, Chengdong Lu <clu@bea.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> Is there any roadmap or plan etc. for Axis/C++? What I concern includes
> whether Will WS-* protocol be supported? And UDDI? Will there be
> architecture changes in seeable future?
> I've searched this in mail list and found a post saying there's
> something called Axis2/C? Is this under development? Any plan?

Axis2C is in the initial stage of development. We plan to have some
working version by early next year. The effort is to implement the
Axis2 architecture
(http://ws.apache.org/axis2/Axis2ArchitectureGuide.html) in C.

Axis C++ is mature and has been there for some time. It is very strong
when it comes to client side. There has been some improvements on the
server side lately as well. However, it is tough to support WS-* with
its current architecture. AFAIK, there would not be major architecture
changes in Axis C++ in the near future.

Thanks,
Samisa...