axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From Henrik Grankvist <henrik.grankv...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using generated CPP files in visual studio 2003
Date Tue, 03 Jan 2006 15:35:28 GMT
Well i have tried both the bin and the lib directory as additional lib
directory for the project. Neither works.

I'm not using a specific config file, I set the properties inside visual
studio on the project. Furthermore I have copied the axis dlls  to the
directory.

I have added the xerces\bin directory to PATH but that didn't change
anything.

BTW I successfully built the libraries using ant. I will tomorrow debug a
little more to see what is causing the crash.

/Henrik

On 1/3/06, John Hawkins <HAWKINSJ@uk.ibm.com> wrote:

> [...]
> crashes giving the following error "Unhandled exception at 0x7c901230 in
> axis-c.exe: User breakpoint."
>
> When I debug I find out that it is when calling the constructor of Stub
> that makes everything crash. Which means that the debugger doesn't even get
> into the constructor of SimpleWSIF in the example below.
>
> SimpleWSIF::SimpleWSIF()
> :Stub(" ", APTHTTP1_1)
> {
>    m_pCall->setEndpointURI("REPLACE_WITH_ACTUAL_URL");
> }
>

> In the properties for the project I have specified the following:
>
> additional include dirs: <xercesc_install>\include
> <axis-c_install>\include
>
> Linker directives
> General --> Additional Library Directories: <axis-c_install>\bin (because
> here an AxisClient.lib resides)
> Input --> Additional Dependencies: AxisClient.lib
>
> The dll AxisClient.dll is available in my programdir as well as
> AxisXMLParserXerces.dll HTTPChannel.dll and HTTPTransport.dll.
>
> Perhaps I'm missing something.
>
> Because of the problems above I would like to build the libraries in debug
> mode so that I perhaps can find out what is causing the unknown exception to
> occur.
>
> /Henrik
>

> On 1/3/06, *John Hawkins* <*HAWKINSJ@uk.ibm.com* <HAWKINSJ@uk.ibm.com>>
> wrote:
>
> I think we might be better not building the code at all and concentrating
> on getting the client problems fixed using a binary release.
>
> What is the problem you're having with the client? What version of the
> code are you using?
>
> If you still want to build the code then I suggest you do it using ANT -
> which we support far better than in msvc directly (it uses the msvc compiler
> underneath). instructions here -> *
> http://ws.apache.org/axis/cpp/antbuild-guide.html*<http://ws.apache.org/axis/cpp/antbuild-guide.html>
>

>   *Henrik Grankvist <**henrik.grankvist@gmail.com *<henrik.grankvist@gmail.com>
> *>*
>
> 03/01/2006 12:21
>   Please respond to
> "Apache AXIS C Developers List"

> Apache AXIS C Developers List <*axis-c-dev@ws.apache.org*<axis-c-dev@ws.apache.org>
> >  cc
>
>  Subject
> Re: Using generated CPP files in visual studio 2003
>

> I checked out the code from svn now and tried to compile the distribution
> solution in vs 7.0 .... It does not work, first it complaints that
> libexpat.lib cannot be found. When removing this from the properties of
> the project and adding xercesc instead the linker gives the follwing error:
>
> AxisClient fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file '.\CDebug\apr_base64.obj'
>
> I believe there is something wrong with the solutionfiles that makes them
> impossible to run on VS 7.0, unfortunately I don't have  access to VS 6.0right now. Do
you have any suggestions on how to get things working?