You were right, it is the xerces libraries that can't be loaded.

I then set the AXISCPP_DEPLOY environment variable to a directory that contains a axiscpp.conf file. In this file I have specified all kinds of values for the XMLParser: attribute. Both just using the name "AxisXMLXercesParser_D", which was built by the ant script. In this case the I am certain that the dll was situated in the PATH variable.

I then tried to point directly to the file using the whole path e.g. "C:\dotnetprojects\axis-c\AxisXMLXercesParser_D.dll" this didn't work either. As of now I'm clueless on what that could be the problem. When I debug the code I get to this point in the code:

int XMLParserFactory::loadLib()
{
    m_LibHandler = PLATFORM_LOADLIB(m_pcLibraryPath);
.
.
.

here m_LibHandler becomes nothing meaning that the library wasn't found.

kind regards
Henrik