axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From Samisa Abeysinghe <samisa.abeysin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What teams are working on Axis cpp?
Date Thu, 02 Feb 2006 10:09:26 GMT
Henrik Nordberg wrote:

> Paul Fremantle wrote:
>
>> Henrik
>>
>> Nice looking screenshots!
>>
>> The IBM team (which I used to be the architect for :-) ) ship the
>> AxisC++ 1.x project as the MQC2 support pack
>> (http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg24009162). I can no
>> longer comment on what IBM's future plans for this are, since I no
>> longer work there :-)
>

> Who is the lead guy on the current IBM team? Just curious. :)
>
>> WSO2 are strongly backing the Axis2/C project. A couple of our guys
>> were heavily involved in the creation of AxisC++, but we took the
>> decision that to create a highly flexible asynchronous Web Service
>> engine that supports WS-Addressing, WS-ReliableMessaging, WS-TX, etc,
>> we needed to rebuild on the Axis2 design.
>>
>> The result is the Axis2/C project, which is just getting to the stage
>> where we have clients and servers talking using WS-Addressing.
>>
>> So summary:
>>
>> AxisC++ 1.x is fairly stable project with a team from IBM supporting
>> it to IBM customers.
>> Axis2/C is a very cool new project with WSO2 firmly behind it aiming
>> to have a 1.0 in the summer.
>>
>> Paul
>

> I am sure Axis2/C is cool and we will most likely switch to using that
> when it is ready for prime time.
> In the meantime, it would be nice if the bugs we (Emanuel and I) have
> reported were fixed. Some of them are quite serious, and we provide
> suggestions for fixes in the bug reports.
>
> Would it be possible for me to become a commitor on AxisC++ 1.x, so I
> can fix those (and possibly other) bugs?

Henrik,
    In order to become a commiter, you have to be voted in by the
current commiters.
    One of the commiters could vote you in, based on the patches you
provide to the current code base. May be you have already provided
patches to pending issues. (will have to browse through Jira to locate
them I guess). Moving forward, please send the patches (fixes in diff
format) to the mailing list, and based on the quality of your patches,
you could be voted in as a commiter.
Thanks,
Samisa...