axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Fremantle <pzf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What teams are working on Axis cpp?
Date Wed, 01 Feb 2006 13:32:20 GMT
Henrik

Nice looking screenshots!

The IBM team (which I used to be the architect for :-) ) ship the AxisC++
1.x project as the MQC2 support pack (
http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg24009162). I can no longer
comment on what IBM's future plans for this are, since I no longer work
there :-)

WSO2 are strongly backing the Axis2/C project. A couple of our guys were
heavily involved in the creation of AxisC++, but we took the decision that
to create a highly flexible asynchronous Web Service engine that supports
WS-Addressing, WS-ReliableMessaging, WS-TX, etc, we needed to rebuild on the
Axis2 design.

The result is the Axis2/C project, which is just getting to the stage where
we have clients and servers talking using WS-Addressing.

So summary:

AxisC++ 1.x is fairly stable project with a team from IBM supporting it to
IBM customers.
Axis2/C is a very cool new project with WSO2 firmly behind it aiming to have
a 1.0 in the summer.

Paul