axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From Deepal jayasinghe <deep...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2] Archive based deployment model
Date Wed, 26 Apr 2006 07:10:00 GMT
Hi Sanjaya;

pls see my comments below;

Sahan Gamage wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I am +1 for this model.
>There are few suggestions:
>1. Can we do the same for the modules as well. (.mar instead of .aar)
>2. The user should be able to put a flag(may be in axis2.xml) whether to
>delete or not, the exploded directories at the exit.
>3. The structure inside the zip file. Whether to zip the directory or
>the files/directories inside it. My personal view is that we should zip
>the contents of the service directory and not the directory itself. This
>way the users doesn't have a chance of naming the service directtory and
>the zip file in different names.

+1 , you have to have the same structure as explodede one so arcive file
should look like below;
   foo.aar
      META-INF
          services.xml
       compile code

>- Sahan
>
>Sanjaya Ratnaweera wrote:
>

>>Hi all,
>>
>>I'm implementing an archive based deployment model for Axis2 C.
>>
>>Here is the outline of how I am going to implement it:
>>
>>   - Archives are placed in the "services" directory.

great :)

>>   - Archives are in zip format.
>>   - Archives  have an .aar extension.
>>   - Archives are extracted in to the services directory.

do we need to do this , without extracting cant you load the lib and all

>>   - Services are deployed using the same method used to deploy not
>>archived services since there's no diffrence        between archived
>>and not archived services after extracting.
>>   - Extracted files are deleted before exit.

Axis2 java does not expand the archive file and it can load the stuff.
can you please tell me what do you mean by " Extracted files are deleted
before exit"

--
Thanks,
Deepal