axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From Sahan Gamage <sa...@wso2.com>
Subject [Axis2]Organizing the error codes
Date Tue, 02 May 2006 16:33:24 GMT
Hi all,

I am planning to reorganize the error codes in error.h as well as in the
error.c. Following is the option that comes into my mind about the way I
am going to organize the codes.
The directory hierarchy of the modules directory of current axis2c
implementation is as follows.

modules

|-core
|   |-addr
|   |-clientapi
|   |    |-diclient
|   |-context
|   |-deployment
|   |-description
|   |-engine
|   |-phaseresolver
|   |-receivers
|   |-transport
|   |   |-http
|   |   |   |-receiver
|   |   |   |-sender
|   |   |   |   |-ssl (will be there soon)
|   |   |   |-server
|   |   |   |   |-apache2
|   |   |   |   |-simple_axis2_server
|   |-util
|-mod_addr
|-platforms
|   |-unix
|   |-windows
|-util
|-wsdl
|-xml
|   |-attachments
|   |-om
|   |-parser
|   |   |-guththila
|   |   |-libxml2
|   |-soap

Note that I have specifically ignored woden and xml_schema since we are
not finalized the status of these projects (eg: whether to separate them
as new projects)

So the order of the error codes will be the order we get by flattening
the above hierarchy.
Next is the convention of the error codes. I assume the convention
proposed by samisa in AXIS2C-67.
Also there are lot of error codes which doesn't have descriptions along
with them. If the respective authors can update the error.h with the
comments I can update the descriptions in the error.c file. Pls take
some time to do that before the next release.

Comments are welcome for the above proposal

- Sahan