axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From Samisa Abeysinghe <samisa.abeysin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2]Removing unwanted files from the axis2c code base
Date Sat, 11 Nov 2006 13:20:17 GMT
Dinesh Premalal wrote:
> Hi,
>     Does anyone use the CuTests releated unit testings? If not better
>     to remove them from the svn (and the build system). Those tests
>     give warnings at build time , its ugly to have warnings at build
>     time :(.IIRC we ran into unnecessary dependency problem while we
>     were testing for 0.95 release.

I am not using CuTests based unit tests - I am not aware of any other
who uses it.
However, if we are to remove it, we have to have an alternative in place
for unit tests.
Ideally we should be able to run something like 'make check' and run the
unit tests to check the build.
So +1 to remove it, and also to come-up with more usable and independent
unit test framework.

>     There are some maven build related files scattered in the code
>     base. (Ex: modules/core/maven.xml, modules/core/project.xml) Since
>     we no longer use maven build system better to remove them
>     also.Please note that to keep the file that need to generate site
>     :) (I think project.xml in top directory is enough. I'm not sure
>     can somebody please confirm it)

+1 for removing maven related files within source folders.

Samisa...