axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From Samisa Abeysinghe <sam...@wso2.com>
Subject Re: Improved XML parser added to the SVN trunk
Date Thu, 21 Jun 2007 04:02:44 GMT
One more critical thing. malloc has been used in place of
axutil_allocator. This would be a concern when plugging this parser in
to other systems.

Also, ops are dynamically allocated, rather we can allocate them
statically as done in libxml2 wrapper.

Samisa...

Samisa Abeysinghe wrote:
> There were some warning that I fixed in the code.
> Also, I see that char type is used, why not use axis2_char_t?
>
> I also see some problem with result printed to screen with mtom
> sample. Need to look into that.
>
> Samisa...
>
> Supun Kamburugamuva wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm happy to announce that I have added the new improved XML parser to
>> the svn head. In the process I got lot of help from Milinda in writing
>> some code and doing all the work necessary to run it on Linux. So my
>> special thanks goes to Milinda.
>>
>> I have added the new parser with same name as the previous
>> parser(Guththila). New parser is also named Guththila and old parser
>> was removed from the svn head.
>>
>> This parser was written in a short time and because of tht there are
>> some areas that need to be completed. Some of the areas that need
>> immediate attention are:
>>     1. Standardizing the error handling mechanism
>>     2. Fixing memory leaks
>>     3. Reformatting code
>> I'm trying to fix these issues as far as I can but I have a fairy
>> tight schedule (I'm in the middle of my semester) so anyone who is
>> interested, please jump in and have a look.
>>
>> I have written this parser with one goal in mind and that is
>> performance and I think we can achieve fair amount of performance gain
>> with the new parser. I'm sure, still there are lot of areas where
>> performance can be improved.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Supun.

Samisa Abeysinghe : http://www.wso2.org/ (WSO2 Oxygen Tank - Web