axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From Samisa Abeysinghe <sam...@wso2.com>
Subject Re: maximum log file size 1M
Date Mon, 05 Nov 2007 01:23:12 GMT
There are few problems in this implementation as far as consistancy is
concerned.
1. When I ran ./axis2_http_server -h it tells me
"-s LOG_FILE_SIZE         Maximum log file size in mega bytes, default
maximum size is 8MB."
Looks like it is incorrect. AXUTIL_LOG_FILE_SIZE, which is the default
is 1MB

2. ./axis2_tcp_server -h does not tel anything about log file size :(

3. How do I contol log file size in case of mod_axis2 httpd module?

Samisa...

Samisa Abeysinghe wrote:
> Dinesh Premalal wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Samisa Abeysinghe <samisa.abeysinghe@gmail.com> writes:
>>

>>> I saw this commit where the maximum log file size is set to 1M.
>>>
>>> I am just curious to know, what happens when it exceeds 1M?
>>>
>> AFAIK, that file is backed up (axis2.log.1) and start new file
>> (axis2.log). Then , if new one also exceeds 1M, it is backed up over
>> writing old backed up file.
>>
>> Finally, system has only two files, current log file (axis2.log) and
>> immediate
>> recent log file (axis2.log.1).
>>
> So it is only two levels. Is that good enough?
>
> The other concern is that, the code is already commited and it was
> never discussed on this list, despite it being a major decision :)
>
> Have we implemented this so that it works for all the deployment
> models like simple http/tcp servers as well as the httpd module?
>>
>>> Also, for a production system, I deem that 1M is too small.
>>>
>> I guess not :), I looked at some other logs (#ls -lah
>> /var/log/ ) they even hardly exceeds 300K.
>>
> I guess you looked on your PC, it is not a production system, it is? ;-)
> On my PC, apache error log is 491K already and I hardly run it on a
> daily basis.
>
> Samisa...
>> Dinesh

Samisa Abeysinghe