axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From Damitha Kumarage <damith...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: maximum log file size 1M
Date Wed, 07 Nov 2007 06:35:14 GMT
Hi Samisa,
Samisa Abeysinghe wrote:

> Damitha Kumarage wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>>> So it is only two levels. Is that good enough?
>>

>> If this is not sufficient for our production environments, yes we
>> need to implement a log rotating mechanism.
>>

>>> The other concern is that, the code is already commited and it was
>>> never discussed on this list, despite it being a major decision :)
>>

>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2C-732.
>>

>>> Have we implemented this so that it works for all the deployment
>>> models like simple http/tcp servers as well as the httpd module?
>>

>> It is not implemented for tcp and httpd modules yet.
>
> I was thinking about the httpd module case, and it looks like we may
> have to introduce a new httpd.conf config parameter to support this.

I did the following change to mod_axis2.c

        else if (!strcasecmp(str, "debug"))
        {
            level = AXIS2_LOG_LEVEL_DEBUG;
        }
        else if (!strcasecmp(str, "user"))
        {
            level = AXIS2_LOG_LEVEL_USER;
        }

and then changed the log level in httpd.conf as follows
Axis2LogLevel user

After that when I write an user log in echo server sample it seems to
work. ie. write only user
level and critical/error messages in the log file. I hope this has done
what we require. isn't it?

Damitha