axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From "Varuna Jayasiri" <vpjayas...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [GSoC] XPath Project Status.
Date Tue, 05 Aug 2008 03:34:01 GMT
Hi,

The XPath engine now supports most of the generally used XPath expressions.
Expressions such as path expressions, predicates, unions, conditional
expressions, namespaces, etc have been implemented as we have discussed and
planned.

For example expressions such as the following could be evaluated:
root//test:node[@*]/child[grandchild = /root/node1]
/root//test:node[3]/child[@name = "abc"]

And I would like to implement the complete XPath specification later, when I
have time.

XPath engine supports a set of expressions to be evaluated on streaming XML.
However, since AXIOM does not support streaming XML the optimal level of
performance cannot be achieved. Although XPath engine frees unwanted parts
of the tree cached by AXIOM, it still stores certain information.

The maximum advantage of streaming XPath can only be achieved by enabling
streaming support at AXIOM level.

I have planned to program support for all axes in this week and code the
parser for XPath functions if possible. I will use the next week to clean
the code, write comments and do some testing.

Varuna
www.xvpj.net