axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From Damitha Kumarage <damith...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can I always assume axis2_desc_t children are axis2_msg_t ?
Date Tue, 06 Jan 2009 05:02:11 GMT
Manjula Peiris wrote:
> Hi,
>
> While fixing https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2C-1313
> I came across $subject. Currently axis2_desc_add_child() method call
> only from op.c. But according to the Axis2 architecture it shouldn't
> only be axis2_msg_t. WDYT ?

AFAIK it could be only axis2_msg_t. Perhaps you are wondering why in
that method signature child is a void pointer without specifically being
a axis2_msg_t. And as I remember this was originally designed to be used
for any parent in the description hierarchy to add a child. However it
was not used in that way.
So may be to avoid confusion we may pass axis2_msg_t there instead of
void pointer.

thanks,
Damitha
> Thanks,