axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From Chintana Wilamuna <chinta...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Axis2/C 1.6.0 RC1
Date Wed, 04 Mar 2009 10:59:53 GMT
On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 11:33 AM, Manjula Peiris <manjula@wso2.com> wrote:

> I have packed and uploaded Apache Axis2/C 1.6.0 RC1 here [1]. Please
> test and send your feedback.
>
> [1] http://people.apache.org/~manjula/release/1.6.0/rc1/

In the binary distribution, when I start axis2_http_server I'm seeing
the following,

chintana@rivendell:~/tmp/axis2c-bin-1.6.0-linux/bin$ ./axis2_http_server
please check your log and bufferplease check your log and bufferplease
check your log and bufferplease check your log and bufferplease check
[...]
bufferplease check your log and bufferStarted Simple Axis2 HTTP Server

I think these log messages should not be printed to the console.

In the source distribution, after doing a ./configure, in make, I'm
getting the following,

/bin/bash ../libtool --tag=CC   --mode=compile gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I.
-I.. -I../include    -g -O2 -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -ansi -Wall -Werror
-Wno-implicit-function-declaration -D_GNU_SOURCE  -MT dir_handler.lo
-MD -MP -MF .deps/dir_handler.Tpo -c -o dir_handler.lo dir_handler.c
 gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I../include -g -O2
-D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -ansi -Wall -Werror
-Wno-implicit-function-declaration -D_GNU_SOURCE -MT dir_handler.lo
-MD -MP -MF .deps/dir_handler.Tpo -c dir_handler.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o
.libs/dir_handler.o
cc1: warnings being treated as errors
dir_handler.c: In function 'axutil_dir_handler_list_service_or_module_dirs':
dir_handler.c:207: error: ignoring return value of 'chdir', declared
with attribute warn_unused_result
dir_handler.c:213: error: ignoring return value of 'chdir', declared
with attribute warn_unused_result
make[5]: *** [dir_handler.lo] Error 1
make[5]: Leaving directory `/home/chintana/tmp/axis2c-src-1.6.0/util/src'
make[4]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[4]: Leaving directory `/home/chintana/tmp/axis2c-src-1.6.0/util/src'
make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/chintana/tmp/axis2c-src-1.6.0/util'
make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/chintana/tmp/axis2c-src-1.6.0/util'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/chintana/tmp/axis2c-src-1.6.0'
make: *** [all] Error 2

Tested in Ubuntu 8.10 with gcc 4.3.2

Bye,

    -Chintana