axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From Damitha Kumarage <dami...@wso2.com>
Subject Re: axis2C vs axis2C++
Date Tue, 28 Jul 2009 00:13:38 GMT
It is actually Axis/C++ not Axis2/C++. Some of the reason could be
pointed as below
- QOS support. It is difficult to extend the Axis2 architecture to
support QOS like RM, Security, Eventing etc. Axis2 architecture is
designed with this in mind.
- Supporting WS on scripting languages, browsers
- Performance
- Infact there is WSF/C++ that wraps over Axis2/C which provides C++
support for WS. There is also WSF/PHP, WSF/Ruby etc which provides WS
for PHP, Ruby respectively. All these scripting language stacks are
based on Axis2/C

thanks,
Damitha

pankaj singh wrote:
> Dear,
>
> Could you please tell me the reasone why did we make Axis2/C in C as
> we had already Axis2/C++.
>
> if you have any help regarding why and when we use C over C++.
> Any help will be gr8 help to me.
>
> Thanks
> Pankaj Singh

Damitha Kumarage