axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From Patrick Cosmo <pco...@incognito.com>
Subject RE: specifying the interface of the Axis2 web server
Date Tue, 07 Jul 2009 07:17:42 GMT
Hi,

I'm using Axis2/C version 1.6.0.

Here's my question: I have a server with 2 NICs (Network Interface Cards) on it. One NIC has
the public IP address 207.102.214.78 (for example), and the other NIC has the private IP address
192.168.3.1.

So, my server has 2 IP addresses.

I'm using Axis2/C to build a service that supports a WSDL/SOAP API. So, I'm not using Apache
Httpd or IIS, rather I'm using the "axis2_http_server.exe".

More specifically, I'm using the same code used to build the Axis2/C "axis2_http_server.exe",
but I'm embedding this code in my own application by building the axis2/c code as a library
that my application links to, and starting the service using the same code found in the main(
) method of:

"axis2c\src\core\transport\http\server\simple_axis2_server\http_server_main.c"

But since I've not modified the code at all, for all intents and purposes this is just the
"axis2_http_server.exe" server being run from inside another application.

Although one advantage I have is that if the "axis2_http_server.exe" does not support a command
line switch allowing me to configure the interface, but DOES (?) provide a programmatic way
of setting the interface, then I can take advantage of that.

So, what I need to be able to do is "configure" or somehow "tell" the axis2_http_server what
IP address(es) it should listen at for client requests.

Is there any way to do this?

thanks,
Patrick Cosmo
Incognito Software Inc.