axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From Samisa Abeysinghe <sam...@wso2.com>
Subject Re: Axis2/C 1.7.0 - RC2
Date Thu, 02 Sep 2010 09:47:31 GMT
I just had a look at these pathces, and it seems to me that there
would not be any side effects. So I am +1 to ship these patches.

Samisa...

On Wednesday, September 1, 2010, Steve Leland <steve@pouchapond.com> wrote:
> During the 8 years I was on the Domino web server team I never really appreciated customers
telling me what my top priority should be - and now that I'm on the other side, as your customer,
I don't want to make the same mistake.  But it looks like you are close to calling for a
vote on 1.7, and I think there's something that might have been overlooked - I hope bringing
it up via this list is OK.

> BinaryTree ships a product that uses Axis2c 1.6, and staticly links in OpenSSL (since
Domino installs with its own versions of the OpenSSL dlls). I spent a considerable amount
time getting it to run without leaking any memory.  When the time comes, it will be much
easier to convince the boss to upgrade to 1.7 if I don't have to go through that again.  The
biggest leak I found had already been reported in JIRA -1237 - and I added 3 very small patches
to fix it.

> I know that's not your top priority, but it's one of mine - could I just put in a plea
that you consider them for the 1.7 release?

List" <c-user@axis.apache.org>