axis-c-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Brice André (JIRA) <>
Subject [jira] Updated: (AXIS2C-1494) Partial response received from the served
Date Wed, 13 Oct 2010 16:56:33 GMT


Brice André updated AXIS2C-1494:

    Attachment: ClientLog.txt

Here are the three joined files describing the problem and my investigation results

> Partial response received from the served
> -----------------------------------------
>                 Key: AXIS2C-1494
>                 URL:
>             Project: Axis2-C
>          Issue Type: Bug
>         Environment: Windows 7, pre-built version of Axis2-C for MSVC, client compiled
with Mingw
>            Reporter: Brice André
>            Priority: Blocker
>         Attachments: ClientLog.txt, ClientsRequests.wsdl, wireshark_trace.pcap
> I wrote a small web service by implementing the server part in Java by using Axis2, and
by implementing the client in C++ by using Axis2-C.
> The web service is composed of two operations. The operation named 'SynchroniseMessages'
has, as output, the type "SynchroniseMessagesResponse" which is composed of one element of
type "ThreadMessage_t", but with multiplicity 0..*.
> My problem is that my server is sending 6 elements of type "ThreadMessage_t" but, my
client is only receiving the first 4 elements.
> In order to investigate the problem, I checked with Wireshark the content of messages
exchanged between the client and the server. The packet containing the response from the server
contains the six elements. So, I am pretty sure the problem is located in the client.
> I added log in the generated code to check if the data binding was not causing the error.
I printed the result of the function 'axis2_svc_client_send_receive_with_op_qname', located
in the generated 'axis2_stub_op_ClientsRequests_SynchroniseMessages' function (located in
the generated file named 'axis2_stub_ClientsRequests.c'). In order to log the result, I added
the following line of code : 
>  printf("ret_node : %s\n", axiom_node_to_string(ret_node,env));
> I copy-pasted the log just below, but we can see that only the 4 first elements are retrieved.
So, my conclusion would be that the problem is not located in the data-binding part of the
client, but in lower layers of the code.
> I am completely blocked because, as I am not able to recompile the axis2c engine (I am
using Mingw and no makefile exists for this compiler), I am not able to investigate furthermore
this problem.
> Best Regards,
> Brice
> PS : I joined to this bug the WireShark log, the WSDL file describing my web service,
as well as the log incoming from client

This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
You can reply to this email to add a comment to the issue online.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message