axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From Giorgio Zoppi <giorgio.zo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Discussion - Moving Axis2/C and Axis1 to Attic
Date Sun, 12 Jul 2015 21:41:13 GMT
Dear all,
ai have done my homeworks this week about axis2c this has led to the
conclusion that 1.7 is not in anyway a viable way to start the axis effort
at Apache.
Too many leaks and too many bugged features.
The Jira has more or less 174 bugs most of them are leaks in somewhat
conditions. The path that we might follow is branch pre 1.6.0 revision
for leading to a 1.8,0 and start eliminating things for reducing the code
base until we high quality.
Support just two O.S: Linux and Windows.
+ I will branch to github a 1.6.0 release and change the system to cmake,
eliminating:
- we dont need the internal parser
- until being stable we dont need apmq
we can think to have a odd number as development version and a pair number
as stable version. The idea is to have something stable just reducing code
base.
Best Regards,
Giorgio.