axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Aleksander Slominski <as...@cs.indiana.edu>
Subject Re: [AXIS ARCH] - Message Internals
Date Wed, 31 Jan 2001 01:18:41 GMT
James Snell wrote:

> 2. SOAP's use of accessor multireferencing (id/href) allows for
> forward/backwards/external references that may not be possible in the stream
> considering the fact that the target of a reference may not have been
> received into the stream yet.

this can be solved and we have a solution that is working both with SAX and XML
pull parser for multi-ref SOAP encoding. simple idea is to keep list seen so for
ids and when there is href to unknown id add it to a fixup list.

> An obvious example of this would be an XML signature verifier where the
> signature is in the header and the data signed is in the body.  If we use
> the streaming approach, then there is the potential that the signed data
> won't be available by the time the digital signature verifier is invoked.

i think that it is the worst possible case  - however it could still work with
pull parser as long as we can get all input into memory (required to verify
signature) and then continue parsing from memory.

alek
--
Aleksander Slominski, IU, http://www.extreme.indiana.edu/~aslom
As I look afar I see neither cherry Nor tinted leaves Just a modest hut